Getting to Google’s page one
Yoast SEO will increase to probability of your web page getting to Google’s page one. Whether you have a personal blog or you’re an SEO (search engine optimization) professional managing a website for a client, Yoast SEO is an amazing tool that can help you make your site as search engine-friendly as possible.
The video below will help you install and use this powerful free plugin.
Notes on the Yoast SEO video
- Go to your web page in Edit mode.
- Click on Plugins > Add New.
- In the search bar type Yoast SEO.
- Click Install Now > Activate.
- Yoast SEO now is in your list of installed plugins.
- Go to Pages > All Pages.
- In Edit mode, go to a new page for which you wish to improve the SEO.
- Scroll way down until you see the Focus Keyphrase box. Enter a Focus Keyphrase. In this example, we chose videos. It can be one, two or three words. It should be:
- Click on SEO analysis.
- Every point that has a red or orange dot has to be improved.
- Click on the hyperlink icon. Then add a hyperlink to a website other than the one you are working on.
- Add a hyperlink to the website you are working on.
- With the exception of Image Alt Attributes, most of the bullet points are self explanatory. To fill in the Image Alt Attributes:
- Cmd C to copy the Focus Keyphrase into your clipboard.
- Go into your page in Text view.
- Cmd F to search for alt=.
- Cmd V to paste your Focus Keyphrase between the two quotation marks.
- You may have to paste it between more than one set of quotation marks. But, don’t paste it between all of them.
- Keep going back and forth between SEO Analysis and editing your page until all bullets are green.