How to make an animated GIF Facebook post
So, you want to show off your latest GIF. Now you want to make an animated GIF Facebook post. This article explains how to do it.
So, you’ve made an animated GIF that you want to accompany an online article. It would make it much easier to understand your complex topic. Here’s how to insert that animated GIF into Facebook:
- Go to Giphy.com.
- Click on the Upload tab.
- Drag & drop your animated GIF into the appropriate space.
- Highlight the URL (web address) of a page where this GIF may be found.
- Cmd C to copy it into your clipboard.
- Cmd V to paste it into your source URL box.
- Type in tags to help people find your GIF.
- Click the Upload to Giphy tab.
- Click the Copy Link tab.
- Copy into clipboard.
- Open up your Facebook timeline.
- Write some descriptive text that will promote your animated GIF.
- Cmd V after your descriptive text to add the Giphy link to your timeline.
- Click Post.
You are all finished.
More animated GIFs
See more animated GIF Facebook posts in my Facebook page. They display a bit differently than when they on your regular timeline.
Alternately, you could go to the animated GIF page on this website. You will see a wide variety of GIFs I have created.
If you click on the animated GIF here, you will go to my Fiverr page. There you can order an animated GIF that would be custom made for you.
Watch the YouTube video that accompanies this article.
Another way of doing it
Watch this animated GIF.
In Facebook, click the Photo/Video button. A menu of your hard drive shows up. Choose the animated-gif and post. Note that it will take several minutes to show up on Facebook.