Marketing, group board & time commitment
- Inviting members.
- Monitoring for spam. Any pins not related to the theme of the board are spam.
- Login to Pinterest from your laptop or desktop.
- Click on your profile picture/name to go to your profile.
- Find and click on the Boards link. It appears as one of the tabs beneath your bigger/main profile picture.
- Click on the Create board link (red plus sign in the left corner area).
Start a secret board. Slowly add quality pins related to the theme. Launch it as a public board once there are enough pins.
Video on how to create a group board
Above video turned into point-by-point instructions
- Open Pinterest & click on your profile picture.
- Click Boards.
- Click red Create Board button.
- Click keep board secret button.
- Name the board.
- Click create.
- Scroll down and you will see suggested pins to save to your new board. Hover over a pin that is closely related to theme of your board. Click save.
- Save a few and come back to save more later.
- Go to one of your other boards and click on a pin that you’d like to be in your new board.
- Click on the dropdown arrow at the bottom of your pin.
- Click red save button beside the name of the appropriate board.
- Click on Boards link.
- Scroll down and find latest board.
- Click its pencil icon.
- Scroll down to keep this board secret.
- Click button to unselect keep it secret.
- Click Done at bottom of page.
- Click plus sign beneath board name.
- Click on hexagon to the right of Invite Collaborators.
- Turn group request on. There will now be a Join button for the people who wish to join your new board.
- Add some related pins to your new board. Do it as soon as possible.